2017 has been a year of firsts!
If you have been following along, I want to take the time to say thank you so much for your support and for taking an interest in the content that I put out here. I’ve been blogging for 5 years now and it has been nothing short of amazing. Since I was a little girl, my dad would encourage my siblings and I to write down our goals and resolutions for the New Year and it has been a tradition that I’ve kept till today.
To each their own, I love writing resolutions. It has always been something that has kept me grounded, focused and grateful. It has become a reminder at the end of the year of how far I’ve come and how much my mindset has changed every 365 days. The fact that I’m able to keep writing new resolutions in itself is a testament of the never ending journey of growth and learning. Not to mention, there is a power attached to physically writing something down
So yes, I love writing New Year Resolutions.
Over the past lil’ while, I was introduced to the idea of the Reversed Bucket List and it’s definitely something I’d like to share with you.
The Reversed Bucket List is listing out the milestones and achievements that you’ve found to be a significant part of your year.
I find it a liberating activity to help reflect on the year and stay grateful to the things you’ve learned and experienced. Because, how can we move forward without mindful reflection and gratitude? It also goes hand in hand towards tracking the actionable items you’ve done towards those goals.
Here is my Reverse Bucket List for 2017:
Goal: Speak at an influential event to share experience in media
- Spoke at 6 different panel events in Vancouver surrounding the topics of blogging, social media and career growth
- Hosted 2 live runway and beauty shows at Hudson’s Bay
Goal: To do more Television Reporting segments
- Reported on two major Vancouver events as my first Live Broadcasts on Shaw TV
- 4 different event based reporting that were live to tape
- Interviewed on Breakfast Television as Flare Magazine’s Vancouver Correspondent on Red Carpet Makeup Trends
- Tried out on camera modelling
- Found out said camera modelling really isn’t for me
Goal: Grow the Blog with more curated content with a strong focus on Lifestyle
- Made consistent, growing revenue every month (a BIG first)
- Created a consistent theme for photos on all social platforms
- More travel based content on my blog
- Met Oprah (sorta)
Goal: Travel more (with a purpose)
- First travel – fashion based campaign to Vegas
- First time in Toronto with Flare and Rogers Communication
- Press trip to NYC with EOS
- First New York Fashion Week season
And not forgetting,
The biggest lessons for me this year:
- Positive thinking attracts positivity in everything
- I also learned the importance of standing your ground and believing in the unique value that you bring to the table
- Be PROUD of your accomplishments instead of brushing them off or hiding them under the rug- In other words, don’t confuse being humble with being indifferent to your accomplishments!
Also, don’t forget that a goal is a goal unless there is actionable steps towards it!
I would love to hear what some of your achievements were for 2017! Let me know in the comments below and let’s celebrate together !!
Happy New Year, and cheers to 2018!